Wednesday, April 6, 2011

General Conference

This was the longest weekend due to Conference. So because we are the leadership of the ward here in Tarrafal, we had to set up the Chapel for General Conference. Then we had to stay in the Chapel for the whole weekend, and the chairs are really uncomfortable. And since we are in Cape Verde, we have to watch conference via Internet. We had to watch one session on Saturday and 5 sessions on Sunday. That’s over 10 hours of sitting in the Chapel.

I am going to download the talks later and listen to them. I was not able to pay very good attention during the sessions. I was pretty tired of sitting in the chair.

So this week is a little different. I am going to Praia on Wednesday for Zone Conference on Thursday. We have zone conference every other transfer, and zone conference in San Tiago is in Praia.

The awesome thing is that President Neves gives us plates of really REALLY good food that he buys at this expensive restaurant every time we have zone conference. I am going to eat Steak!!!

We went into the mountains last week to help Zee with a project. He is clearing some space to plant corn. It was really good, and we arrived home exhausted.

We had a bunch of new investigators this week, and we are working closely with them.

Elder Gianluca Cuestas

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elder Cuestas! Thank you so much for the epistle you wrote to Ryan! He read it in private so I don't know what you said, but that night he was saying the family bedtime prayer and said, "Thank you for my friend, Gianluca and that he could write me such an incredible letter; please bless him on his mission." You just continue to bless my family - even from half way across the globe! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to him. He's doing much better with respect to the church - I don't think we're out of the woods, but he's trying to gain a testimony!

    Much love,
    Sister Jones

    ReplyDelete