Monday, May 2, 2011

First week as BP

So I directed my fist meeting last Sunday. It went ok, and it was a lot easier since it was testimony Sunday. The District president was there to announce how I am now BP

OSAMA IS DEAD!!!!! Everyone here is talking about it.

Elder Coleman is just way chill. He is really funny, and I'm so glad that he is open-minded. I feel that we’re discussing the work as a team and that we’re truly targeting the needs of the people here in Tarrafal. Please pray for him. He has been fighting digestive problems for some time.

Here is an update on some of the people.

Alex showed an incredible step of faith this Sunday. Sick to his stomach and still came to church. OVER A WEEK and he is clean!!!! I am so happy for him. We had some time to talk last Saturday. He started crying and told me that he never met someone that has cared about him so much. He told me he is now happier than he has been in a long time and that he feels the spirit coming back into his life. I am so glad for him, and I will never give up on him no matter how many times he falls. We now hang out with him every Monday.

Steven is doing well. He has been staying up very late on Saturdays, so he missed two Sundays in a row. We had a really good conversation with him on Sunday and got him remotivated to get better and doing the stuff that he needs to do. He will be baptized at the end of the month.

Tony. We marked a date with him for the end of the month. At testimony meeting, he got up and bore his testimony. He is doing very good and is showing up to all the activities. He is practically at church every single day.

Jack (Cerique) is doing well as usual. Pillow and I are starting to form a closer relationship. We are trying to convince him to go on a mission instead of the army. We will see what happens.

Elder Cuestas

No comments:

Post a Comment