Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Branch Presidency is going well

Elder Coleman got to talk to his family, and it seems that things are going good for him back home, too.

I’ll say that this week was a bit challenging.

Ivandro´s dad bought him a Hiace/car to start his own business, so he moved away from his house in Tarrafal. We’re thinking about contacting the other missionaries in Assomada, where he now lives, to see if we can get his teaching record transferred, if he still wants to continue. It was tough because he was scheduled to be baptized this Saturday.

Tony is doing well. He should be baptized at the end of the month. He’s pretty much at church every day at some activity, and he’s coming to church on his own on Sundays. He has ADD, so the lessons can be a little tough, and he’s having some problems reading the book of Mormon because of that very cause, but nothing that is especially challenging.

Branch presidency is going well. Things seem to be getting better week by week with more people going to church and more people magnifying their callings, and what not. I’m glad with the way things are going, and I hope and pray that they’ll continue to keep going in that direction.

Mulato´s best friend Oswaldo, a less active has been fully reactivated, and I’m preparing him to move up to Priest in the Aaronic priesthood with interviews and what not. I’m so pleased to see him back in business.

Alex had to go to Assomada for about 2.5 weeks to complete a study for his driver’s license. They are actually very rigid about that here. He’s still making some major progress, and I think that he’s going to succeed here soon in breaking his addiction. He’s now reading his scriptures more and more.

Elder Cuestas

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gianluca! I can't remember if I've thanked you for writing to Ryan - if I haven't then I'm ashamed of myself, but if I have - then THANK YOU AGAIN!

    I was looking at the photo you sent in this week's email to your mother . . . Jacob 5:21-23 immediately came to mind. Even in the poorest of the poor spots of the vineyard the Lord is able to harvest good fruit. You're an amazing person/missionary and I'm so proud of you!

    Congratulations on all of the success you're having - The Lord is blessing you because of your obedience and desire to serve His children. thank you for being a shining example to everyone around you!

    With love,
    Sis. Jones

    ReplyDelete