Monday, January 31, 2011

Got transferred today to Tarrafal

I got transferred today. I'm no longer in Praia. I'm in a city on the other side of the island called Tarrafal. There is only one missionary companionship, and the whole city is ours. We have to get to Assomada every Wednesday now for District meeting. It's going to be quite a change.

The last week in Praia was extremely busy. I left that area with 5 baptismal dates set for February.

Tereza is doing fine. Elder Rodriguez stayed in that area, so he is going to take good care of all the other people.

My new companion is Elder Fonseca, he is from Mindelo Cape Verde. I'm going to learn a lot more Creole from him, which is good because that is what all the people speak here. They understand when we teach them in Portuguese, but they always speak back to us in Creole.

Eduino is awesome! He attended a baptismal service and felt the spirit very strong. Celso did too. We have another investigator who is starting to progress very well. Her name is Naldina. She went to church yesterday, and she's very happy that we're teaching her. Elder Rodriguez will keep me updated.

Everything is well. I know that there is already a baptism set for next weekend. so that is going to be cool.

I'm happy to be here, and I'm excited to get to know the area.

Elder Cuestas

No comments:

Post a Comment