Monday, June 27, 2011

President Neves finished his term



This email is going to be very short because I went to Praia this weekend and I only slept about 35 minutes. Praia is very hot this time of year, and none of the houses in this country have AC.

This Sunday elder Coleman and I went to Praia as President Neves finishes his term tomorrow. His farewell fireside was on Sunday. All the missionaries were invited, and we got to see a wonderful array of testimonies from the entire Neves family.

On a flight from SLC will arrive our new mission president Oliveira and his wife. They are from Brazil but have lived in Bountiful Utah for several years. I’m so excited. We’ll travel back to Praia for Zone conference on Thursday with the new Mission President.

I love President Neves. He has changed my life forever through his faithful service to the Lord. I feel like someone older with more knowledge.

I am indeed grateful for how much I have learned in my life out here on the mission. I will continue to grow and love this gospel and the church.

I will give more details next week. I’m exhausted and a bit sick with a cold, and it’s about 90 degrees in this place.

até breve,

Elder Cuestas

No comments:

Post a Comment