Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Elder Weiss and I



Things have been going very well here in Fogo.

This week we were able to do much more work. Another one of our investigators got baptized. His name is Ailton, and he was being prepared before we got there. Everything went very well and the spirit was strong at his baptism.

Another great event happened after the baptism later that Saturday.

We found this investigator who came to church last Sunday. We invited him to come and see the baptism in Cova Figueira. He went and felt the spirit very strong. The next day, he went to church, and we taught him that afternoon. He said that his life was a complete disaster for the most part and that he even saw demons at some part of his life. He has used almost all kinds of substances against the word of wisdom and just overall made many mistakes that eventually made himself humbled by the Lord.
I’ve never felt the spirit so strong in any lesson on my mission until that day. I was so engulfed by the spirit, and I know that every word I said was not my own, but the will of the Lord. I was so grateful to him and I was pouring out my heart to the Lord in thanks for all that he had done. Leaving these addictions may be challenging but I know that this man is going to get baptized someday.

This week is going to be crazy. President Oliveira will come into Fogo on Thursday. We’ll have interviews with him that morning. Friday we’ve training from 8 in the morning to 6 in the evening. That and we have to go to Cova Figueira to do a baptismal interview for the district leader there.

For some reason, Tony the dog comes now in the mornings. The door is always open, so she just walks right in. The banana lady comes once in a while. We live in a bit of an inconvenient area for her

Elder Cuestas

Este e o tempo para os homens prepararem se para encontrar com Deus. Este e o tempo para os homens executarem os seus labores

For this is the time for men to prepare to meet God. This is the time for men to perform their labors.

No comments:

Post a Comment